Budget Voting Information
The District will be holding a Budget Hearing on May 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. A link has been posted on the front page of the webiste for easy access.
The Annual Budget Vote and School Board Election is May 18, 2021.
Voting will take place in the gymnasium at the Hamburg Senior Citizens’ Center; 4540 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg starting at 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM. Social Distancing protocols will be in place. Voters will enter and exit the building via the main entrance door #1.
Questions can be directed to the District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716.926.1711.
Absentee Ballot Applications are now available for the May 18, 2021 Vote and Election
Absentee ballots must be received at the office of the District Clerk not later than 5:00 p.m. prevailing time on the day of the annual vote (May 18, 2021).
If you are unable to vote in person on May 18, 2021 and you are qualified voter, you may request an absentee ballot.
Definition of a Qualified Voter - A qualified voter is a person who is:
- a citizen of the United States;
- at least eighteen years of age;
- a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the meeting;
- and not otherwise prohibited from voting pursuant to Election Law § 5-106.
An application for an absentee ballot is attached below (please note completed absentee voting applications must be returned seven days prior to the election if the ballot is to be mailed).
Applications require an original signature and cannot be signed electronically.
New York State Education Law Section 2018-d, and its corresponding regulations (Part 122 of the Commissioner’s Regulations), provide military voters the opportunity to vote by military ballot during school district elections. In relevant part, Section 2018-d and the Regulations specifically contemplate an application process for receipt of military ballots. An application must be completed every year for those who qualify. This law and regulation states that a military ballot may be requested for the following reasons:
- the military voter is in military service and by reason of such military service will be absent on the day of the election, or the military voter will be discharged from such military service within 30 days of the election; or
- the military voter is an eligible spouse, parent, child or dependent of a military voter.
Anyone interested in receiving a military ballot must complete the military ballot application below and return it to the district clerk by 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 22, 2021.