2023-2024 Budget & Election
Board of Education Election
Candidates for Board of Education - petitions are available March 1, 2023.
Please contact Shannon Cross, District Clerk, at (716)926-1711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pick up a Board of Education School Board Member Candidate Packet. The packet contains the following information for potential board candidates; dates and deadlines for running, nomination petitions, legal qualifications for voters, expenditure forms, electioneering rules, press release information, and various other helpful information.
Candidate Petitions are due to the District Clerk by April 17, 2023 at 5 p.m.
There are two (2) vacant Board seats. The two (2) candidates with the most votes will be elected to a four-year term, July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2027.
Budget Public Hearing
The District will be holding a Budget Hearing on May 2, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. Click here to watch the hearing on the District's Youtube Channel.
The annual Budget Vote and School Board Election is May 16, 2023.
Voting will take place in the gymnasium at the Hamburg Senior Citizens’ Center; 4540 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, starting at 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM.
Voter Information and Qualifications
Definition of a Qualified Voter - A qualified voter is a person who is:
- a citizen of the United States;
- at least eighteen years of age;
- a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the meeting;
- and not otherwise prohibited from voting pursuant to Election Law § 5-106.
New York State Education Law Section 2018-d, and its corresponding regulations (Part 122 of the Commissioner’s Regulations), provide military voters the opportunity to vote by military ballot during school district elections. In relevant part, Section 2018-d and the Regulations specifically contemplate an application process for receipt of military ballots. An application must be completed every year for those who qualify. This law and regulation states that a military ballot may be requested for the following reasons:
- the military voter is in military service and by reason of such military service will be absent on the day of the election, or the military voter will be discharged from such military service within 30 days of the election; or
- the military voter is an eligible spouse, parent, child or dependent of a military voter.
For additional information, call Shannon Cross, District Clerk, at (716)926-1711 or email email@example.com.