2023-2024 Frontier Board of Education
Board of Education 2023-2024 District Goals
Adopted on October 3, 2023
The Frontier Board of Education is committed to the academic success of all students. In an advisory role, we will monitor:
- The Big Picture Academy progress and success
- Support the expansion of honors & accelerated courses
- Address suspension and graduation rates of the Special Education population
The Data Dashboard will be used as a tool to monitor increases in academic success.
- Maximize SOAR project funds for year three and beyond
Additional areas from 2022-2023 that will remain points of focus:
Safety & Security
- The District will continue to enhance and improve measures to keep all members of the Frontier community safe and secure
Professional Development & Care
- Continue to monitor and support participation in the UB Trauma Informed Care program
Community Awareness and Communication
- Continue to investigate restarting a District Community Education Program
Role of the Board of Education
The Frontier Board of Education is comprised of seven volunteer community members, each of whom is elected to serve a four year term. Board members are not compensated for their service.
The primary function of the Board is to provide students with a quality educational program consistent with New York State's educational standards. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting policy within state and federal law;
- Determining educational policy;
- Overseeing the administration of school programs and services;
- Working closely with the Superintendent who is the chief executive officer of the district, responsible for the execution of all School Board decisions regarding the operation of the Frontier Central School District.
- Working with administration to prepare an annual budget