2021-2022 Frontier Board of Education
Board of Education 2021-2022 District Goals
Adopted on October 5, 2021
- Develop/Update Comprehensive District Education Plan (CDEP): The BoE will act as an advisory body to review and shepherd this process along. Updating this plan is overdue and needs to be done. We will use the work done in the District’s Strategic Plan to help guide much of this work.
- Financial and Educational Program Development: The proper distribution of human capital and student programs maximizing the impact of American Rescue Plan Act 2021 funds (ARP $4.8 Million) and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 funds (CRRSA $ 4.2 Million) for Frontier.
- Focus on the Social -Emotional Wellness Section of the Frontier’s September 2020 Strategic Plan. “Strategic Intent #2: By 2025, consistent systems will be implemented to strengthen the Social-Emotional Developmental Health of all Frontier students, parents, faculty, and staff. “ from the plan page 11.
- Focus on the Communication Section of the Frontier’s September 2020 Strategic Plan. “Strategic Intent #3: By 2025, the Frontier District will be the primary and most accurate source of communication among Frontier students, parents, faculty, and staff. “ from the plan page 12.
Role of the Board of Education
The Frontier Board of Education is comprised of seven volunteer community members, each of whom is elected to serve a four year term. Board members are not compensated for their service.
The primary function of the Board is to provide students with a quality educational program consistent with New York State's educational standards. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting policy within state and federal law;
- Determining educational policy;
- Overseeing the administration of school programs and services;
- Working closely with the Superintendent who is the chief executive officer of the district, responsible for the execution of all School Board decisions regarding the operation of the Frontier Central School District.
- Working with administration to prepare an annual budget