Cloverbank Elementary School
2761 Cloverbank Road
Hamburg NY 14075
I hope you all had a wonderful March and are ready for SPRING! We have many things included in the newsletter.
- Just a reminder that request letters for the 2019-2020 school year are due by Thursday, April 9th .
- NYS Testing will continue in the next few weeks. The Math section will be given April 20th-27th. The testing will take place in the morning. New this year, all Grade 3-5 students will be taking the assessments on their computers. The test dates will be staggered to accommodate each grade level that is testing. Grade 5 is 4/20-21, Grade 4 is 4/22-23, and Grade 3 is 4/24 and 4/27. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Technology Update—We have had several issues in the past month when it comes to technology. Just a reminder that student cell phones are not permitted to be used on the bus or at school. We understand that many homes do not have landlines so students carry cell phones to be used when they get off the bus. Please understand that the students safety and security is priority…..cell phones MUST be off and in student book bags from bus ride to school to bus ride. If we find them on or in use, phones will be confiscated an the parent will have to pick the phone up. ALSO---each of your students have been given a GOOGLE email and access to GOOGLE classroom…please keep in mind that the district monitors these accounts for safety. If there is a problem, I will be meeting with your child and contacting you.
- Field Day—We have made changes the last few years with great success. We will be continuing with this policy. Please keep in mind…this is a PTA volunteer event run by the PTA for the enjoyment of the students who currently attend Cloverbank.
- Field day can only be successful with volunteers!! So, if possible, please volunteer to join us for the day!
- ALL VOLUNTEERS will be wearing PTA volunteer t-shirts.
- Homeroom parents will be escorting the students around along with the classroom teachers for the day.
- Please be aware that we will not be able to accommodate “drop in’s” …. there will be information coming home to volunteer or join us for lunch.
- End of the Year Family Event- Spring OPEN HOUSE—We are very excited to announce that we are continuing with our end of the year FAMILY EVENT! On May 6th we will be having an open house type of event. This event will highlight the following:
- Grade 5 Music concerts.
- Art Show highlighting our amazing artists at Cloverbank.
- All classrooms will be open and have work displayed from the school year. Students will be able to show their families the projects that have been completed this year.
- The PTA will be having a Chicken Bar B Que and dinners will be available for purchase. We invite families to bring a blanket and eat on our front lawn.
- Amsdell ICE will be on site.
- Playground will be open.
Any questions or concerns, please contact me at 926-1760.
Have a great day!
Mrs. Renee Kumiega