Frontier Central School District District Plan For Enhancing and Supporting Student Performance & Student Educational Needs for School Years 2021-22, 2022-23 & 2023-24 with Increased NYS Foundation Aid In the Following Areas:
- Analyzing graduation rates and focusing on eliminating the achievement gap.
- Analyzing and considering reducing class sizes in core subject areas.
- Providing support for students who are not meeting, or are at risk of not meeting, state learning standards in core subject areas.
- Addressing student social-emotional health.
- Providing adequate resources to English language learners, students with disabilities and students experiencing homelessness.
The following steps will be taken by the Frontier School District to strengthen our academic educational program and increase the learning opportunities for our students.
- Two (2) new Universal Pre-K full-time teaching positions and two (2) new UPK teacher aide positions.
- Creating robust elementary & middle summer school programs.
- Planning to hire two (2) Teacher Assistants for Elementary MYSS (Multi-Tiered System of Support) program.
- Planning social-emotional afterschool clinics for students and their families.
- Increasing Business teaching positions, one at the Middle School and one at the High School.
- Planning to offer students AP Environmental Science.
- Increasing a Foreign Language position at the High School.
- Strengthening the MTSS (Multi-Tiered Support Service) elementary programs in the district.
- Creating two (2) full-time Campus Monitor positions at the High School.
- Creating one (1) full-time Clerk Typist position at the High School.
- Creating one (1) School Counselor position at the High School.
- Maintaining our purchase of 1000 chrome books /year for students.
- Maintaining our purchase of 100 laptop computers/year for teachers.
- Maintaining our purchase of 12-15 smart boards/year for classrooms.
- Creating a system-wide Strategic Plan to address Teaching, Learning & Leadership, Social Emotional Wellness, Communication, and Family Engagement.
- Creating a student mentoring program between high school students & middle school students.
- Purchasing Science Equipment, STEAM Supplies & Equipment, Educational Software & Supplies, Library Books, Increased Classroom Supplies & Equipment, and Maintenance supplies & Equipment.
June 25, 2021