2020-2021 Personnel Committee
Board Member: John Kilcoyne, Jr. (Chair), Mary Ann Costello, Martin Lalka
Administrative Rep: Myra Pinker
The committee will be composed exclusively of Board Members and Administration. The Superintendent often attends these meetings and is an ex-officio member of the committee. Other staff members may be invited to the committee meetings when specific topics are on the agenda.
The committee will be composed of up to 3 Board Members, one of which will be an officer, selected by the Board President and the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
The committee will typically meet once a month in-person however; there may be additional meetings as issues arise that need committee attention via in-person or virtual meeting. The monthly limited agenda will be set by the committee chair and the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel and emailed to committee members at least 3 days prior to the scheduled meeting.
It is the mission of the committee to help ensure all law, policies and procedures are followed to help minimize any legal exposure.
The role of the Personnel Committee includes but is not limited to:
- Oversee and review all of the personnel related policies to ensure conformance with Board Policies and Procedures pertaining but limited to appointments, leaves, current postings, re-hire lists, negotiation updates, staff issues and grievances, future staffing, potential non-renewals, and any extraordinary personnel events encompassing lawyers, BOCES and/or outside agencies.
- Recommend actions to the full School Board based on committee meeting discussions.
- Other items assigned by the School Board or Board President.
The Personnel Committee DOES NOT exist to intervene directly in school situations nor manage the interface between Human Resources Department and Staff, nor does it provide managerial oversight to the department as that is the responsibility of the Superintendent and his/her staff.
The first goal of this committee would be to review all personnel related policies, procedures, and recommend any changes by the end of the upcoming school year.
2020 - 21 Meetings will be held via Google Meet
- November 19, 2020 at 12:00pm
- February 2, 2021 at 4:30pm
- March 10, 2021 at 5:00pm
- April 20, 2021 at 5:00pm
- May 11, 2021 at 5:00pm
- June 8, 2021 at 5:00pm